Want to make the most of your visit to Kinston?
Check out these other great local leisure activities, restaurants, and nightlife:
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Kinston Community Council for the Arts – Browse works from local artists at the Kinston Arts Council’s galleries. Open Tues-Sat. 400 N. Queen St. www.kinstoncca.com
- Art 105– Specializing in beautiful art pieces from all across North Carolina. Open Tues-Sat. 105 W. Blount St.
- Barnet Park Disc Golf – Enjoy a great mix of wooded and open holes on one of the highest rated courses in North Carolina. 100 Sand Clay Rd. www.kinstondiscgolf.com
- CSS Neuse Museum – Learn more about Kinston’s role in the Civil War and to see the remnants of this famous ironclad gunboat. Open Tues-Sat, 9am-5pm. 100 N. Queen St. www.nchistoricsites.org/neuse
- CSS Neuse II – A full-scale replica of the legendary Confederate ironclad gunboat. Open Saturday 10am-4pm www.cssneuseii.org
- Neuseway Nature Park – Experience the majesty of the Neuse River. Enjoy the 52-seat planetarium, wildlife exhibits, nature trails, campground and FREE canoe and kayak check-out. 401 W. Caswell St. www.neusewaypark.com
Dining & Nightlife
- Sugar Hill Pizzaria – New York style pizza by the slice along with appetizers, desserts, subs, wings and whole pizzas. 221 N. Herritage St.
- Queen Street Deli – Serving up delicious sandwiches, soups, cookies and cakes. Open Mon-Fri. 117 S. Queen St. www.queenstreetdeli.com
- Chef & The Farmer – Contemporary American restaurant specializing in ingredients sourced from local farmers. Featured on the PBS series A Chef’s Life. Open Tues-Sat, 5:30pm-10:00pm. 120 W. Gordon St. www.chefandthefarmer.com
- The Boiler Room – Eastern Carolina oyster bar featuring local oysters, gourmet burgers, cold beer and craft cocktails. Open seven days a week. 108B W. North St. www.boilerroomoysterbar.com
- The Red Room – A local live music venue featuring craft beer and fine spirits. Open Thurs-Sat. 220 N. Herritage St. www.thered-room.com